From a very technical view point, ADATS is supported by Funding Agencies in the Netherlands, Germany, UK and New Zealand, with grants-in-aid given for specific, time-bound projects and programmes that we implement. From December 1977 to 12 September 2013 we have received, in this manner, a total of Rs 930,525,671 in foreign contributions and Rs 3,743,856 in the form of vehicles.
The European Union is a back-funder of ADATS through a Consortium of European funders. The New Zealand Government is also a back-funder, through VASS and SCNZ.
However, the relationship we have with these funding agencies is much more than a technical one. They too are NGDOs, and persons working in them are Development Workers situated in the North. As such, we recognise only a functional difference between ourselves. They are therefore our Northern Partners who share the same vision and mission with us, Development Workers placed in the South.
- Icco, the Netherlands, has been our partner since 1980, and has given us Rs 289,543,773 (31% of our total receipts)
- EED, Germany, has been our partner since 1987, and has given us Rs 161,931,203 (17%)
- Novib, the Netherlands, has been our partner from 1980 to 1997, and has given us Rs 69,142,773 (9%)
- ActionAid, Bangalore/UK, has been our partner from 1979 to 1993, and has given us Rs 12,396,421 (2%)
- Save the Children, New Zealand, has been our partner since 1997, and has given us Rs 160,906,359 (16%)
- Velcan Energy, France, is a new partner since 2005, and we have received Rs 61,933,692 (7%)
- Scatec, AS, Norway, is a new partner since 2007, and we have received Rs 11,483,540 (1%)
- Fair Climate Fund, the Netherlands, has bought carbon offsets from our 2nd Biogas CDM Project, in advance, under a 9 year ERPA and paid Rs 153,799,616 (16%)
- Others, including Action fur den Coolie Sangha, DFID, etc. have given us Rs 13,132,150 (1%)