ADATS is a rather flat organisation with minimum hierarchy and reporting levels. The entire area of operation of ADATS is divided into "Areas" that comprise of 25-30 village Coolie Sangha Units (CSUs). Each Area is looked after by a team comprising an Area Field Worker, a Mahila Trainer and a Case Worker. Each one of them, individually as well collectively, are Process Owners of specific activity processes. They receive Performance Salaries that vary from month to month.
The 4 Processes owned by Area Field Workers are:
- Income Declaration to Tax Paid Membership
- Baseline Making to Implementing Results
- Land Holding Surveys to DLDP Works
- Loan Requests to CCF Rotations
2 Processes owned by Mahila Trainers are:
- Identification to Women's Fund Assistance
- Health Check-up to Follow-up
Case Workers are owners of a single Process:
- Enrolment to Children in School
The good and timely execution of these processes lead to efficiency in the organisation. The village CSUs, on the other hands, have the responsibility to further these 7 processes into a higher level of efficacy or Effectiveness.
- Loose Grouping to Functional Unity
- Member Demands to Customer Satisfaction
- Good Cropping to Food Security
- Credit Worthiness to Sustained Incomes
- Financial Indpendence to Personal Status
- School Retention to Performance
Senior Staff are owners of 4 support/enabling Processes that facilitate the above:
- Strategic Plan to Total Acceptance
- Remittance to Finance Reports
- Supervised Staff to Empowered Staff & Functionaries
- Data Capture to Information Reports
Though we try not to departmentalise, work load, specialisation, overall responsibilities and the chasing of near impossible targets do tend to compartmentalise our interests and participation.
The Organogram clearly traces the lines of reporting and control between ADATS and the Coolie Sangha, and Job Descriptions elucidate the tasks, positions, responsibilities and reporting procedures of various ADATS Staff and Coolie Sangha Functionaries.
- Click here to view the ADATS/BCS Organogram